Honevo® Cold Sore
Honevo Cold Sores is a novel, natural, effective treatment for cold sores.
It is the only all-natural, drug-free gel clinically proven to be as good as the gold standard pharmaceutical treatment (acyclovir) for cold sore healing and pain reduction.
Honevo Cold Sore is 100% natural and contains just 2 ingredients: pharmaceutical-grade kanuka honey and glycerin. It is applied to the affected area(s), at least 5 times a day, and as often as required, and works by creating an environment on the skin that promotes skin healing.
Apply to the affected area(s), at least 5 times a day, and as often as required.
Safe to leave on the skin for long periods.
Always read the label and follow the instructions.
If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
No contra-indications for use.
- Honevo Pharmaceutical-grade Kanuka Honey
Honevo skin care products all contain the same kanuka honey formulation however, they are packaged and labelled differently so that users can choose a product that is the correct size, is appropriately named, and has specific application instructions for the condition being treated.
View the most frequently asked questions on Honevo Cold Sore.
Honevo® Cold Sore
A novel, natural, effective treatment for cold sores
When applied to the skin, Honevo® provides a local environment that promotes skin healing and so can treat a number of skin conditions. It does this in several ways including:
• Moisturising the skin by drawing water into the skin from the atmosphere and from the underlying tissues
• Providing an acidic environment
• Providing nutrition (sugar) for growing tissues
• Providing a barrier to bacterial infection
It is the only all natural, drug-free gel clinically proven to be as good as the gold standard pharmaceutical treatment (acyclovir) for cold sore healing and pain reduction.
Honevo Cold Sores is a safe & effective treatment for cold sores. In a 952 person clinical study, the cold sores healing time, duration and pain and maximum severity of pain were the same for users of Honevo Cold Sores and for topical acyclovir (also known as Viraban or Zovirax). Study participants preferred the experience of using Honevo Cold Sores compared to topical acyclovir.
As well as being all natural, Honevo has many advantages over topical acyclovir, including:
• Looks better
• Tastes better
• Can be used as often as required
• Better value (as larger pack size)
• Not just for the early stages of the cold sore
A survey of Honevo Cold Sores users found that:
• 84% gave it a 4 or 5 star rating (out of 5 stars)
• 84% said that it was the best product that they had used for cold sores
• 89% planned to continue using Honevo for future cold sores
• 94% said that it was good or excellent for helping to heal the lesions
Honevo Cold Sores was developed by HoneyLab who are running the world’s largest program of medical honey research. Click here for references.